CSR：Social Contribution Activities
1．Initiatives for Persons Suffering from a Disease
(1) Establishment of the Kanzawa Medical Research Foundation
Kissei has established the Kanzawa Medical Research Foundation as part of its social contributions in 1997. Women under medical stress, for example, pregnancy, delivery, and aging, will benefit from this foundation, as it will sponsor multifaceted research for diseases affecting women.
Kissei will contribute to medical developments through the foundation’s activities.
(2) Collaboration with a University
Further, as a first step in providing high-quality medical care with an emphasis on contributing to local communities, Kissei conducts sponsored courses, the Department of Brain Disease Research , at the Shinshu University School of Medicine; it has also collaborated with this university to conduct the Department of drug discovery science . Kissei also contributes to the field of medicine and to local communities through donations.
Kissei places great importance on its relationships with local communities. We continue to make social contributions through cultural, health, welfare, environmental, and sports activities and contributions to the medical field.
The main activities are listed below:
1) Sponsorship of a community health forum (four times a year)
2) Donations to children’s welfare facilities through charity bazaar
3) PET bottle cap collection and book donation activities
4) Participation in local cleanup activities (organized twice a year by Kissei)
5) Parent-child science classroom craft (organized twice a year by Kissei)
6) Company tours for high school and college students
3．Support for Culture and Sports
(1) “Music that Reverberates in the Heart to the World” The Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival
Music is the world's international language. Kissei feels that the support and expansion of cultural activities which bring people together and touch them emotionally are an important corporate role.The Saito Kinen Festival in Matsumoto is a music festival held in Kissei's hometown of Matsumoto once a year, starting in September 1992. As of year 2015, the festival is being renamed into Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival (OMF), to mark a new stage. It sends the most superlative music which reverberates in the heart to people throughout the world from Matsumoto, Japan. Kissei supports this music festival as Member of the Board of the Saito Kinen Foundation.
(2) Support for the Matsumoto Yamaga Football Club
Kissei is the official sponsor of the Matsumoto Yamaga Football Club, which played in the J. League Division 1 in 2015.
In a novel vision, Kissei supports the club and contributes to “town development” and “human resource development” through football, which brings vigor and vitality to local communities and supplies dreams and excitement to the community and its promising children.